At this time we are seeking Teachers and Teaching Interns. Below is the job description.
Please also see the Employment page of this website.
- Manage the overall daily operations of a classroom and ensure student development; implement curriculum in a way that cultivates in the student a desire for truth, beauty and goodness
- Establish an Orthodx Christian ethos
- Demonstrate strong and effective communications with colleagues and parents
- Maintain curriculum standards, ensuring compliance with all school goals and policies
- Collaborate with colleagues in the development of curricula and resources
- Perform extra duties- i.e. recess, lunch, before/after school obligations as assigned
- Graduate with minimum of B.A./B.S. Liberal Arts preferred, but not required. Strong background in History, Literature, Classics, or Theology preferred.
- A love of working with children and an ability to interact with parents and co-workers in a confident, and respectful manner
- Demonstrated commitment to and compatibility with Orthodox beliefs and praxis
- Experience in a Classical environment or knowledge of Classical Education
2. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd experience, training, or awareness
3. Experience in multi-age, elementary educational setting
4. Development or Fundraising experience a plus
-Self-starting, strong initiative, independent
-Able to accept correction as needed, but also operate with great freedom; malleable, willing to listen and be mentored
-Desire to learn and tackle new projects or learn new content
-Tenacity, gentleness, love for youth, desire to live and work in same community
How to Apply
Send all correspondence via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Cover letter addressing your philosophy of teaching and learning.
- Three letters of reference, one of which must be from your priest.